Sick and Unable to Work



If you are sick and unable to work you may be able to claim Statutory Sick Pay. You can claim this for up to 28 weeks in any period of sickness lasting for more than four days.

  • Statutory Sick Pay is paid by your employer.
  • Statutory Sick Pay is non-contributory (you don’t have to have paid National Insurance).
  • CLICK HERE to find out more from the website

After 28 weeks or when your statutory sick pay ends or if you are refused Statutory Sick Pay you may be entitled to Employment and Support Allowance.


seAp Advocacy has established a website giving excellent information, advice and support to people thinking of applying for Employment and Support Allowance (ESA) or Personal Independence Payment (PIP).

To find out more: CLICK HERE



If you are unable to work or have limited capability for work because of illness or disability you may be able to claim Employment and Support Allowance.


  • You must be at least 16 years of age.
  • There are two types of Employment and Support Allowance.



  • You must have worked and paid either class one or two National Insurance contributions at least 26 times the lower earnings limit in one of the last two tax years, or been paid or credited with contributions at least 50 times the lower earnings limit during the last two years.



  • You must have £16,000 or less in capital (savings or investment).
  • You must not be working.
  • Your partner if you have one, must not be working 24 hours or more per week.


CLICK HERE to find out more from the website




If you have a physical or mental illness or disability and your ability to carry out daily living activities or mobility activities is limited or severely limited you may be able to claim Personal Independence Payment.


CLICK HERE to find out more from the website

Personal Independence Payment has two components, each paid at two levels: a daily living component and a mobility component.

To qualify you must have met the conditions for three months and be likely to meet them for the next nine months unless terminally ill, in which case there is no qualifying period.


There may be other benefits that you are entitled to.

CLICK HERE to visit the Turn2us website Benefit Calculator to conduct you own benefit check by clicking on the link below

Here to help – just ask.

Both Radcliffe on Trent Advice Centre and Bingham Advice Service can provide additional help and support, assist you in carrying out a Benefits Check and help you complete forms.

Contact us here